Makes about 40 mini cakes.
2 cups of grated carrots
1 cup of grated apples
3 large eggs
3 cups of wholemeal flour
1 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of water
250grams cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk in your wet ingredients - eggs, unsweetened apple sauce, peanut butter, honey and vegetable oil.
- Stir in grated carrots and apples followed by the dry ingredients - wholemeal flour and oats.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add a little bit of water at a time until you get a thick batter.
- Portion out the batter into cupcake liners or muffin tins and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Let these mini cakes cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting - in a blender/food processor, or by hand if you've got good arms - mix cream cheese, peanut butter and honey until smooth and fluffy.
- The cake batter doesn't rise very much, so don't worry about filling your liners or tins to the top.
- These unfrosted mini cakes store well in a refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in a freezer for up to two months.